Had a run at Quicksilver in Almaden today around the long loop, which according to http://www.mapmyrun.com/ is around 4.6 miles. Used the toe shoes again with mixed results. Somewhere around mile three between some downhill and pretty large rocks my feet began to protest a bit. I am still feeling it this afternoon at work, and I have to ask myself whether to try and tough it out or moderate with some standard running shoes tomorrow. I have been operating on how I feel between my feet ankles and knees from run to run so I will likely stick with that thermometer. The variables in play are that I am 34, not 24, I am just now ramping up my fitness gently, as the kamikaze days of my youth are over, and I am working with little base and zero real speed work. I cruised by REI today and someone saw that I was wearing them (fivefingers/toe shoes/vibrams) and wanted to know what I thought. People always seem shocked when I say things like I just ran 5 miles in the hills with them. I feel the need to be a walking disclaimer and tell anyone who is interested to START EASY. I began by running 1.5 miles in them every other day on a treadmill for the controlled surface. There is nothing more frustrating in life than people who misuse something then blame it on the thing and not the misuse. Gun control anyone?
Day Summary:
Running: 4.5 miles at Quicksilver park, no jog stroller thank god!
Time of day: AM
Time: NT (No watch until there is something worth timing)
Food: No breakfast, which didn't bother me too much but I need to eat if I am going to run as late as 8:40
Sleep: Last night slept more than the night before
No comments:
Post a Comment